Monday, February 20, 2006

Obsessed

So, I've been reading a lot of food blogs lately. I love them. I especially love the ones that have pictures. It makes me feel like I'm part of the experience, or I at least want to be. I know that's really weird, but I love food. I have long been a fan of the chowhounds. They rarely tell a lie, and because of them, I've had many wonderful food experiences.

Anyway, I decided that today was the day that I would start my own food blog. You see, I use to live in Kentucky, and out there, there isn't much in the way of food. However, Mr. Cupcake and I have since moved to the Bay area and have found a plethora of culinary delights. I have decided now is the time to document those adventures.

By the way, if you're ever in Midway, KY (near Lexington) , I'd highly recommend the Holly Hill Inn. It's by far the best restaurant in the area. Mr. Cupcake and I would go about once a month because they changed their menu up monthly. We're picky eaters, so we cooked more often than we went out. I always hate going to a restaurant and have a mediocre meal because I know I could have made something better at home. However, we always made it a point to visit this restaurant. If you live there, try it; you won't regret it.

I'm looking forward to blogging about my food experiences. I've always enjoyed cooking and eating, so I'll write about both. I've also decided that this upcoming weekend Mr. Cupcake and I are going to embark on a baking journey. I love pastries. My love intensified when Mr. Cupcake and I went to Italy. There were so many beautiful pastries in the cafes, and since then I've always wanted to try and make some. This will be my first attempt. I have to pick a subject first. I'm thinking maybe profiteroles. I have to thumb through some cookbooks first before I make a master plan. Should be fun. :)

Anyway, my first excursion that I will write about is tomorrow night. I'm going to the Rose and Crown Pub in Palo Alto. I've been there before but only for the Trivia Night. I've read on the internet that they have amazing fish and chips. I enjoy fish and chips, but the last time I had it, I had the worst stomach pains. Even still, that won't keep me away. There's definitely good fried food, and there's fried food that is blah usually because it's heavy and greasy. I'll review on Wednesday hopefully.

No comments: