Wednesday, June 28, 2006

smell the fumes

I know I have been MIA lately. It's because I had friends in town last week and also this week, so things have been hectic. Thus my blog suffers! I just wanted to share what R and I did last night. He came over and we cooked dinner together. We bought lots of stuff like Ahi tuna, corn on the cob, stuff for caprese salad, pate and crackers, portabella mushrooms, and asparagus. Yes, we don't know when to stop. Anyway, I turned on the stove to boil some water for the corn. Well, turns out I turned on the wrong burner by accident and our corn wrapped in plastic and styrofoam was sitting on the hot burner. Fortunately, Mr. Cupcake caught the mishap before I burnt the place down and this was what was left aside from a lot of smoke:

R managed to salvage most of the corn. And I have to say, this was some of the better corn I've had in recent memory. Perhaps it was from the fumes; Mr. Cupcake swears he could smell and taste styrofoam fumes in the corn. R and I couldn't and thought the corn tasted really good. I haven't died yet, so apparently it was fine. :)

I should have some more updates soon. The past few days have been insanely hectic, but with that comes some really great food including the tasting menu at Manresa, dim sum at Koi Palace, and lunch at American Italian Delicatessen. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Good thing Adam has had experience in our house with unintended combustion. Mom

mr cupcake said...

It tasted like styrofoam... maybe I'm hypersensitive, or maybe everybody else inhaled too much of the styrofoam smoke to know the difference?

And another thing, nobody makes rice pudding for me anymore :(