Friday, July 21, 2006

tidbits

Mr. Cupcake and I moved into our new residence over the weekend. It's a little more suburban than I was expecting, but whatever. There are so many kids in this neighborhood; it sort of freaks me out. Mr. Cupcake will have to make an effort not to hit all the little kids that play in the street when he drives home.

Other than that, the move was generally okay. It wasn't great because moving sucks. Plus our Internet connection is a bit wobbly. The real stuff doesn't get turned on until next Tuesday. Sadness. I'll just have to suck it up until then.

How's the new place you ask? Our kitchen has a lot of room but it's lacking counter space. And, our oven is smaller than the standard size. I hope our sheet pans fit. My new red skillet better fit in there too or else I'm going to have to move again. Okay, not really, but I'll still be upset. Hopefully, in the next few weeks I'll be able to make something divine. I haven't really cooked in awhile, but I'd like to start baking again before all the ripe fruit goes away.

Back to food reviewing. Last night, Mr. Cupcake and I had dinner at Hanamaru in Sunnyvale with some of his coworkers. I did a review on this place before, and last time was pretty good. The fish was fresh and it was pretty cheap for sushi. Well, last night it was pretty awful. The fish had a fishy taste to it and I went home with an upset stomach. I really hate going to restaurants that have varying levels of quality especially when it comes to fish. I felt bad taking Mr. Cupcake's coworkers there since I could tell they didn't enjoy it either. I have a feeling I won't be back.

Mr. Cupcake and I went to Saizo last week, and had really good Japanese food, which made going to Hanamaru all the more disappointing. I'll blog about Saizo next week. Hopefully I'll have time to blog about some other stuff too. I told Mr. Cupcake's sister that I'd blog about Greek yogurt once I tried it - which I did finally do, so that's also on my list. We have more friends coming into town next week, but I'll try to squeeze in a little blog love before then.

Anyway, Internet on Tuesday. Blogger on Tuesday. Tivo on Tuesday. Blessed Tivo! How I've missed you so! No more of that Comcast piece of junk DVR. Project Runway season 3 will be mine again! Rejoice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hanamaru has been sold and is under new ownership.