Wednesday, September 27, 2006

vegas baby!

Mr. Cupcake and I returned from Vegas last night. It was an extended weekend with a group of friends at the Venetian. We didn't have any real plans other than eat a lot and see 'O'. Actually, let me say that again. The majority of us didn't have any real plans other than eat a lot and see 'O'. Mr. Cupcake, on the other hand, had a poker agenda to attend to.


This was my first trip to Vegas. I always imagined it to be a place of endless food. And yeah, it pretty much was. Every other restaurant seemed to be owned by some celebrity chef, and if that wasn't good enough, there was always the Outback. Our only pre-planned food excursion was Bouchon since it's located in the Venetian and I'm too lazy to drive a couple hours north to Yountville. Everything else was chosen while we were there. I'll write about all of our experiences over the weekend. I've been trying to write this post for the past two hours, but my fatigue is impeding these efforts. Well, that and Project Runway.

Before I call it a night, I do have one tip for anyone visiting the Venetian. I really wanted a piece of chocolate my first day there, and I thought I hit the jackpot when I saw all the lovely confections at G.G. Santi.

I ordered a milk chocolate caramel (boo, no dark) expecting it to satisfy my chocolate craving.

Well, my friends, I couldn't finish it. I think this might be the only piece of chocolate I've ever thrown away. The chocolate was waxy and tasteless, and the caramel was way too runny. I have to say, I'd rather eat Nestle or even plain Cadbury chocolate. It made me very sad. My only hope was that this wasn't a foreshadow of what was yet to come. You'll have to come back this weekend to find out if it was or not. I'm going to bed.

No comments: