Thursday, January 04, 2007

first post of the new year!

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a nice holiday season. To tell you the truth, I'm happy it's over. The holidays tend to be exhausting. In the past month I managed to finish up my job, deep fried a turkey (will post later), and did all the things Christmas... well as much as possible anyway.

Anywho, to embrace the new year, I've embraced the new Blogger and gave my blog a face lift. It's only partially done. Hopefully, my laziness won't overcome my efforts in actually customizing the thing. Only time will tell.

Speaking of laziness, it turns out I didn't do a very good job of posting in December. I could say I'll do an awesome job in January, but after two months of lackluster posting, I think I'll refrain.

I ended up getting quite a few gifts for Christmas this year including seven cookbooks!


I wasn't expecting to receive so many, but it's been a real pleasure. I felt very uninspired with my previous collection of cookbooks, which is why I asked for some new ones. I found a few of the titles from various blogs. I've even put some of these books to use, and I hope to continue to do so.

I also received a Villaware Panini Press. It's given me much happiness in the past few days. Mr. Cupcake thinks it's another appliance that will find a home in our appliance graveyard, but I'm out to prove him wrong!

One of my favorite gifts this year came from Mr. Cupcake's sister. Apparently, J9 reads my blog and took it upon herself to explore my new found love for the quince. She bought some quince at her local Wegman's and whipped up a batch of spiced quince.

The gift also came with a jar of quince jelly and an actual quince. Perhaps some quince paste is in my future? Actually, I saw a recipe for a pear tart that calls for quince jelly, so I'm pretty sure that means a pear tart is in my future.

So, that was my Christmas. I'm looking forward to a new year of new opportunities both professional and personal as well as an abundance of new food experiences. I already have many things to blog about (including the Great Turkey Fry!) and hope to find enough time for it all.

4 comments:

sooiepoo said...

OOOOh i do like the new look! :) change is good.

madame cupcake said...

Thanks! I figured it was time. :)

mrcupcake said...

I have a good recipe for quince rice pudding. It goes like this:

- make rice pudding
- add quince paste

Sounds very tasty to me. If only someone would make rice pudding...

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!